Heated/Cooled Eye Pillow - removable cover - Cosmos
Eye pillow with removable and machine washable printed cover
Our pillows are super soft and so perfect for use as a yoga eye pillow or as drug free pain relief by soothing and comforting aches and pains anywhere on the body. It’s ideal for relaxing tired eyes and if used cold, it can alleviate puffiness around the eyes.
Can be used hot or cold - see care instructions
Dimensions 22cm x 10cm
Weighted and filled with UK farmed Wheat and Linseed
100% Natural - Cover is printed in the UK on GOTS certified organic cotton using azo-free dyes. Inner bag is GOTS certified organic cotton sourced from a UK supplier. Label is organic cotton. Packaging is UK printed on recycled paper.
Pattern may vary slightly depending on where the fabric has been cut to make each eye pillow.
Other patterns available. See Shop
Why not use our eye pillow:
- To relax tired eyes and alleviate puffiness
- To help you fall asleep
- During meditatation
- To end your yoga practice with
- During your work/screen break time
- If you have a migraine
- On aches and pains anywhere on the body
- As drug free pain relief
Washing & Scenting
The eye pillow comes with a removable cover that can be either washed in the washing machine at 30 degrees or it can be hand washed. Avoid using a tumble dry and do iron with care. Please do not wash the inner bag containing the grains. This is to ensure the grains remain dry. Getting them wet will damage them.
The eye pillow is unscented but is easy to scent yourself. This is a great idea if using the bag for aromatherapy. If using the bag heated, this must be done after heating.
Simply, add a few drops of essential oil to the inner bag. Or you can dilute a few drops of essential oil in warm water and spray onto inner bag.
Heating & Cooling
Heating - Heat the inner bag only. Remove it from the cover and heat in either the microwave or oven
Microwave - up to 1 minute at 600W
- Ensure the microwave turntable is working properly and the eye pillow rotates freely to ensure even temperature distribution
- Make sure the eye pillow is flat and not folded over
- Make sure the eye pillow is on a clean surface
- Place a small glass bowl of water in the microwave with your inner bag to help keep it moist and prevent the grains from drying out
- Heating times will vary depending on the wattage of your appliance. If using a higher wattage you may need to heat for less time. Start low and be sure to increase the time in 10 second intervals in order to judge the heat
Oven - 5 to10 minutes at 125 C
- Very lightly sprinkle with water before heating to help keep it moist and prevent the grains from drying out
- Loosely enclose in tinfoil or place in a clean oven proof container with lid
- Oven heating may vary depending on your appliance or if using a fan oven. Adjust heating accordingly. We recommend starting with less time and or temperature, increase gradually, and check frequently. Especially for the first use
Cooling - cool in a freezer for 30 minutes or more. There is no maximum time for cooling
- Place the eye pillow in a freezer proof container with sealable lid or fully sealable bag. This is to ensure the contents of the bag do not get wet which can result in damaging the grains inside the inner bag The eye pillow can be stored in this way long term or to ensure that it is always cooled for when you wish to use it